The Partners at WTL have the educational background and experience expected at large corporate law firms: graduates of highly ranked law schools, two prestigous federal clerkships, and a graduate at the top of his law school class. Each of the partners previously worked for larger law firms representing corporate clients in complex commercial disputes, and each has years of experience representing individuals injured as a result of the negligence of others.
Add to this two Of Counsel attorneys with a combined 60 years plus of experience representing individuals (one of whom remains Board Certified in Personal Injury) and another attorney that has resolved thousands of personal injury claims in her nearly 20 years of practice, and it is clear why this firm is the right one to handle your personal injury claim. Please click below to learn more about all the attorneys at WTL.
Michael was born in South Dakota and lived there through high school. He then came to Texas as quickly as he could to attend Southern Methodist University, where he earned a degree in Economics and Philosophy in 1997. After completing his undergraduate work, Michael went to work as a financial analyst, trying to convince himself that he did not want to be a lawyer. He was successful as a financial analyst, but the desire to practice law remained, and he began law school at The University of Texas in 1998.
Michael graduated from The University of Texas Law School in 2001. Immediately following law school, Michael landed a highly coveted job as a briefing attorney to U.S. Federal Judge James R. Nowlin, who was then the Chief Judge for the Western District of Texas.
Michael then spent 4 1/2 years as an attorney with the law firm McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP, one of the most highly respected firms in Texas. While at McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, Lovins’ litigation career started as the associate representing a coal mining company in a complex, multi-venue dispute with a major Texas energy company. Lovins continued working in high value, complex commercial disputes representing financial institutions, major retailers, and energy companies, as well as small businesses.
In March 2007, Michael decided to focus his practice primarily on assisting individuals and small businesses who have been harmed by the irresponsibility, carelessness, indifference, or maliciousness of others. This decision precipitated the founding of The Law Offices of Michael E. Lovins. In August of 2010, Michael made the decision to partner with Jeremy Wilson and Pete Trosclair to further his efforts to help individuals and small businesses with their litigation needs.
Michael lives in Austin, Texas, with his wife of eleven years and their two daughters and a son.
Michael can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Texas Supreme Court
- All Texas Courts of Appeals
- All Texas Trial Courts
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
Mr. Wilson is a founding partner of Wilson Trosclair & Lovins, where he has built an extensive national class action practice consisting primarily of cases involving internet privacy issues. Mr. Wilson also handles class actions involving consumer fraud and collective actions involving wrongful denial of employee benefits.
Mr. Wilson has managed over a dozen putative national class action lawsuits in federal courts in Texas, Arkansas, California, Florida, Missouri, Kentucky, Washington, and Oregon. The vast majority of these cases involved privacy issues, including actions under the Drivers’ Privacy Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. §2721 and the Video Privacy Protection, 18 U.S.C. § 2710. Mr. Wilson has also handled numerous other complex litigation actions, including the representation of hundreds of Plaintiffs in Multi-District Litigation actions in federal courts in Louisiana, Missouri, California, Minnesota, Ohio, and West Virginia. Mr. Wilson has also handled appeals before the Second, Fifth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals involving both class action issues as well as complex business litigation issues. Mr. Wilson also routinely represents business entities in both state and federal courts around the country.
Mr. Wilson attended the University of Arkansas where he received a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration. Jeremy earned his Juris Doctor at the University of Arkansas, William H. Bowan School of Law in Little Rock where he graduated magma cum laude and ranked first in his class of 118 students. During law school, Jeremy received numerous awards and honors, held positions as Research Editor and Associate Executive Editor of his school's law review, and received West's Outstanding Academic Achievement Award for three straight years.
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Wilson accepted a two-year clerkship with the Honorable S. Arthur Spiegel, United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of Ohio. This position would serve as an extension of Mr. Wilson's legal education, providing a strong emphasis on courtroom procedures and allowing Jeremy to study the trial techniques of numerous, highly regarded trial attorneys.
After his clerkship, Mr. Wilson was a trial lawyer for the Dallas litigation firm of Bickel & Brewer. While at Bickel & Brewer, Mr. Wilson honed his litigation skills while working on numerous complex business litigation cases, including representing the University of Texas in a patent dispute against the government of Japan and successfully briefing an appeal to the United States Court of Appeals regarding claims under the Robinson Patman Act. Prior to founding Wilson Trosclair & Lovins, PLLC, Mr. Wilson was also a partner in a litigation practice in central Florida and a small litigation firm in Dallas.
Mr. Wilson is admitted to the State Bars of Texas, Florida and Arkansas. Mr. Wilson is also admitted to practice before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Eleventh Circuit and Ninth Circuit and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas and the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
Jeremy Wilson can be contacted at Jeremy@wtlfirm.com.
Pete Trosclair was born and raised in Larose, Louisiana, a small town 60 miles southwest of New Orleans near the Gulf Coast. Upon graduating from South Lafourche High School, Pete enlisted in the United States Navy, later receiving an honorable discharge. Pete went on to earn his undergraduate degree from the University of California San Diego and his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law.
Pete began his legal career with the law firm of Bickel & Brewer, representing large corporations in complex commercial (bet-your- business) litigation. Pete's litigation experience began as an associate on a trial team handling a case valued at hundreds of millions of dollars. Over the next two plus years, Pete worked his way to becoming the lead associate on numerous commercial cases valued in the tens of millions of dollars. While at Bickel & Brewer, Pete also headed the firm's pro bono division.
Pete then joined a Dallas Personal Injury Law Firm, where his practice shifted to representing individuals that sustained catastrophic personal injuries. While at this firm, Pete's practice focused on trucking accident litigation, motor torts, medical malpractice, mass torts/pharmaceutical litigation (such as Vioxx and Celebrex litigation), class actions and civil rights litigation in both Federal and State Courts. Pete has successfully resolved multiple personal injury cases for amounts in excess of $1,000,000.
Pete Trosclair can be contacted at email@example.com.
EDUCATION AND MILITARY EXPERIENCE
University of California San Diego (B.A. 1998)
University of Texas School of Law (J.D. 2001)
U.S. Navy (Enlisted 1990-1993)
COURT ADMISSIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
• All Texas State Courts
• The Northern District of Texas Federal Court
• The Eastern District of Texas Federal Court
• The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
• Dallas Bar Association
REPRESENTATIVE PERSONAL INJURY MATTERS
• Successfully represented a pedestrian struck by a driver cited for driving while intoxicated.
• Successfully represented a mother in wrongful death claim following the death of her son in a motorcycle accident.
• Successfully represented a mother whose daughter died in a trucking accident despite the fact that the mother was cited by the investigating officer for failing to yield the right of way to the truck.
• Successfully represented adult children in a wrongful death action against an anesthesiologist due to medical malpractice following surgery.
• Successfully represented an elderly woman who suffered injuries to her arm and shoulder as a result of an assault at an apartment complex.
• Successfully represented parents against the City of Irving in regards to violations of their son’s civil rights by denying him medical treatment.
• Successfully represented an individual that sustained injuries to his back in a multi-vehicle car wreck where the insurance company initially denied coverage and the client was dropped by his prior attorney.
• Successfully represented hundreds of clients in pharmaceutical claims pertaining to Vioxx and Celebrex.
REPRESENTATIVE BUSINESS LITIGATION MATTERS
• Successfully represented a small business owner in claims against MADD for breach of contract and violations of various intellectual property rights.
• Successfully represented an employee in regards to claims for owed commissions and defended him against claims for violations of trade secrets.
• Was an associate on a trial team that successfully represented a large multinational corporation in coverage claims under CGL and EIL policies against multiple insurance companies.
• Was an associate on a trial team that successfully represented two executives against a large Dallas based corporation for breach of contract claims pertaining to compensation agreements.
• Was an associate on a trial team that successfully represented investors in their claims for violations of securities laws.
Jonathan Buck is a senior counsel in the firm's Austin office. Before joining this firm, Mr. Buck practiced at Haynes & Boone, LLP and Kelly Hart & Hallman, LLP in Austin, and he had the honor of clerking for Judge David Hittner in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division. Texas Super Lawyers named Jonathan a business litigation "Rising Star" in 2006, 2010, and 2011. Jonathan focuses his practice on litigation and trial work involving business disputes, intellectual property, banking and collections, insurance coverage, toxic torts, and administrative law. He has established himself as a creative and efficient problem solver who skillfully negotiates favorable resolutions for his clients as well as a skilled trial attorney who effectively presents his clients' positions in complex commercial disputes involving banks, creditors, oil and gas operators, real estate investors, energy businesses, technology companies, and employer-employee relations.
EDUCATION & HONORS
• The Colorado College (B.A., 1996)
• University of Texas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2001
• Law Clerk to Hon. David Hittner, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
• Recognized as a "Rising Star" by Texas Super Lawyers 2006, 2010 and 2011
• Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
ADMISSION & AFFILIATIONS
• Texas, 2001
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
• U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
• U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
• Member, Board of Directors, Austin Bar Association Civil Litigation Section, 2011-present
• Member, Board of Directors, Texas Advocacy Project, 2002-2007
• Member, Community Investment Review Team, United Way Capital Area, 2007
• Associate, Robert W. Calvert American Inns of Court, 2005-2006; 2008-2010
• Associate, Lloyd Lochridge American Inns of Court, 2010-2011
• Vice Chair, Law Focused Education Committee, Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2004-2005
• Vice Chair, VoTexas Committee, Austin Young Lawyers Association, 2004-2005
• Pro Bono Attorney, Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas & UT Law Domestic Violence Clinic
• Served on trial team that obtained a take nothing jury verdict on behalf of global oilfield services company in toxic tort case in which the plaintiffs sought more than one hundred million dollars.
• Successfully prosecuted numerous theft of trade secrets/breach of employment contract matters on behalf of a global insurance company.
• Served as general litigation counsel for Texas-based telecommunications company handling all types of business-related disputes and litigation.
• Served as trial and local counsel in a variety of patent and intellectual property disputes.
• Obtained and enforced numerous judgments as Texas counsel for national banks and creditors.
• Handled lien and bond claims and related litigation for owners, contractors, architects and engineers.
• Represented national real estate management company in coverage lawsuit against insurance carrier.
Jerry Ware (Of Counsel)
Born in the Cradle of Naval Aviation, Pensacola, Florida, oldest city in America, Jerry Ware got to Texas, like Sam Houston and Davy Crockett - as quickly as he could. He graduated from Ball High School in Galveston, earned a BBA in Finance from North Texas State University, and entered the Marine Corps as a Second Lieutenant. After military service, he honed his skills in finance as an internal auditor for Redman Industries in Dallas. Jerry then earned his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Baylor Law School.
Jerry began his legal career in Dallas as an associate of Wilson, Berry, Jorgenson, and Fuqua, representing individuals who had suffered disabling personal injuries. He then served as the Assistant City Attorney of Denton, Texas. Jerry then returned to the private sector as the head of the negligence section of Windle Turley, P.C. in Dallas. He has practiced for several years in Dallas as the sole principal in the Law Office of Jerry Ware (www.jerryware,com
), representing individuals and business entities in transactional and litigation matters in Dallas, the State of Texas, the United States, and internationally.
Jerry is a closing attorney and licensed escrow officer for Attorneys Title Company (www.attorneystc.com
) in Dallas and provides a full range of title insurance services and representation for residential and commercial real estate clients in Dallas and throughout the State of Texas.
Jerry is licensed as a customs broker by United States Customs and Border Protection and is admitted to practice in all of the Texas State Courts, the United States Court of International Trade, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits, and the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, and Southern Districts of Texas. Jerry is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the Dallas Bar Association.
James Shoecraft (Of Counsel)
James Shoecraft has been a Dallas based attorney since 1965, and he has been Board Certified in Personal Injury by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization continually since 1987. He has been the sole owner and chief trial attorney with the Attorney's Offices of James W. Shoecraft, P.C. since 1988, where he specializes in personal injury and worker's compensation cases. James is also certified as a general and family law mediator by the State of Texas. He is an active member, and past director, of the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association. He is admitted to practice in the following courts:
- United States Supreme Court
- Federal Court of Appeals
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- All Texas State Courts
James is a native of Dallas Texas, and he received his Bachelor of Arts and Juris Doctor from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas.