Our business litigation attorneys provide creative and cost effective solutions to business disputes. We are trial attorneys first and foremost, and as such, we have experience representing a variety of businesses in a variety of disputes. Each case is aggressively prepared with the understanding that successful resolution requires convincing the opposing party, mediator, arbitrator, judge, or jury that that our client’s position is supported by both the facts and law. This requires attorneys committed to success and not just the billable hour.
Prior to starting this firm, each partner was mentored at large commercial litigation firms litigating multimillion dollar “bet the business” disputes. Since then our Austin business lawyers have successfully represented a variety of companies in civil litigation matters and arbitration proceedings. This litigation experience combined with our educational background and federal clerkship experience provides our attorneys the tools necessary to successfully represent your interests. Moreover, we recognize that each case is different, and we work with clients to develop a fee structure that fits their case and unique business needs.
Our Austin litigation attorneys have represented business clients in various types of litigation, including:
Our Trial Team
- Real estate disputes;
- Hospitality management disputes;
- Insurance coverage disputes;
- Franchise disputes;
- Contract disputes;
- Business torts, including fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and defamation;
- Intellectual property disputes, including trademark, copyright, patent, and trade dress infringement;
- Antitrust disputes;
- Shareholder disputes;
- Employment disputes, including theft of trade secrets
Jeremy Wilson, Pete Trosclair, and Michael Lovins have the litigation experience necessary to handle your dispute. Each partner previously worked for larger firms handling complex commercial litigation disputes. Jeremy Wilson and Pete Trosclair began their litigation careers at Bickel & Brewer and Michael Lovins began his litigation career with the Austin firm of McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP, where each attorney handled bet- the-business litigation throughout the country.
Jeremy Wilson began his litigation training as a federal clerk to Judge Spiegel in the Southern District of Ohio. He then accepted a position at Bickel & Brewer, where he worked on various high end litigation matters, including a patent infringement dispute on behalf of the University of Texas against the government of Japan, an Antitrust matter involving Starwood Hotels (which he successfully briefed to the 2nd
Court of Appeals), and a franchise dispute concerning a national hotel chain. Jeremy has also handled large litigation matters in California and Florida as well as appeals in the 2nd, 5th, 11th, and 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Pete Trosclair began his legal career with Bickel & Brewer on a trial team representing a large lead smelting company seeking coverage under hundreds of CGL and EIL insurance policies with damages calculated in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Pete Trosclair then went on to represent investors in a securities fraud case, a former CEO of a nationally known corporation in a contract dispute with his former employer, and an international charter fishing company in a contract dispute, among others. By the end of his tenure with Bickel & Brewer, Pete Trosclair was the lead associate on over a half dozen bet the business litigation files.
After completing his prestigous federal clerkship with Judge Nowlin in the Western District of Texas, Michael Lovins began his litigation career at McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, as an associate representing a coal mining company in a complex, multi-venue dispute with a major Texas energy company. For the remainder of his tenure with McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, Michael continued to work on high-value, complex commercial disputes representing financial institutions, major retailors and energy corporations.
Representative Cases We Are Currently Litigating
• Representing Defendant/Counter Claim Plaintiff in Breach of Contract, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, and Tortious Interference Claims Related to the Processing of Credit Card Transactions.
• Defending E-commerce, Online Education Business, in Regards to Breach of Contract Claims.
• Representing Minority Shareholders in a Suit Against a Publicly Traded Company and its Officers and Directors.
• Representing an Attorney in a Coverage Dispute with Legal Malpractice Insurer Regarding Whether Claims Made Against the Lawyer are Covered Claims Under the Policy.
• Representing an Oncology Group in Regards to Disputes Pertaining to a Management Agreement.
• Defending a Roofing Company Against Claims Regarding the Installation of a New Roof.
From bet your business litigation to smaller business disputes, we have the experience and flexible fee structures to meet your litigation needs. Call us today at 214-484-1930 or 512-535-1649
to discuss your case.