Pete Trosclair was born and raised in Larose, Louisiana, a small town 60 miles southwest of New Orleans near the Gulf Coast. Upon graduating from South Lafourche High School, Pete enlisted in the United States Navy, later receiving an honorable discharge. Pete went on to earn his undergraduate degree from the University of California San Diego and his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law.
Pete began his legal career with the law firm of Bickel & Brewer, representing large corporations in complex commercial (bet-the- business) litigation. Pete's litigation experience began as an associate on a trial team handling a case valued at hundreds of millions of dollars. Over the next two plus years, Pete worked his way to becoming the lead associate on numerous commercial cases valued in the tens of millions of dollars. While at Bickel & Brewer, Pete also headed the firm's pro bono division.
Pete then joined a Dallas Personal Injury Law Firm, where his practice shifted to representing individuals that sustained catastrophic personal injuries. While at this firm, Pete's practice focused on trucking accident litigation, motor torts, medical malpractice, mass torts/pharmaceutical litigation (such as Vioxx and Celebrex litigation), class actions and civil rights litigation in both Federal and State Courts. Pete has successfully resolved multiple personal injury cases for amounts in excess of $1,000,000.
Pete Trosclair can be contacted at email@example.com.
EDUCATION AND MILITARY EXPERIENCE
University of California San Diego (B.A. 1998)
University of Texas School of Law (J.D. 2001)
U.S. Navy (Enlisted 1990-1993)
COURT ADMISSIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
• All Texas State Courts
• The Northern District of Texas Federal Court
• The Eastern District of Texas Federal Court
• The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
• Dallas Bar Association
REPRESENTATIVE PERSONAL INJURY MATTERS
• Successfully represented a pedestrian struck by a driver cited for driving while intoxicated.
• Successfully represented a mother in wrongful death claim following the death of her son in a motorcycle accident.
• Successfully represented a mother whose daughter died in a trucking accident despite the fact that the mother was cited by the investigating officer for failing to yield the right of way to the truck.
• Successfully represented adult children in a wrongful death action against an anesthesiologist due to medical malpractice following surgery.
• Successfully represented an elderly woman who suffered injuries to her arm and shoulder as a result of an assault at an apartment complex.
• Successfully represented parents against the City of Irving in regards to violations of their son’s civil rights by denying him medical treatment.
• Successfully represented an individual that sustained injuries to his back in a multi-vehicle car wreck where the insurance company initially denied coverage and the client was dropped by his prior attorney.
• Successfully represented hundreds of clients in pharmaceutical claims pertaining to Vioxx and Celebrex.
REPRESENTATIVE BUSINESS LITIGATION MATTERS
• Successfully represented a small business owner in claims against MADD for breach of contract and violations of various intellectual property rights.
• Successfully represented an employee in regards to claims for owed commissions and defended him against claims for violations of trade secrets.
• Was an associate on a trial team that successfully represented a large multinational corporation in coverage claims under CGL and EIL policies against multiple insurance companies.
• Was an associate on a trial team that successfully represented two executives against a large Dallas based corporation for breach of contract claims pertaining to compensation agreements.
• Was an associate on a trial team that successfully represented investors in their claims for violations of securities laws.